How to upgrade from DayPilot Lite 3.0 to 3.1 [open-source]
Last revision: Jun 12, 2012
The DayPilot Lite for ASP.NET WebForms API has changed in 3.1 release. The main goal was to synchronize the API with DayPilot Pro for ASP.NET WebForms. Since 3.1, it will be possible to upgrade by simply replacing the DLL.
Here is the list of API changes:
1. HourHeight property is replaced by CellHeight
- Set CellHeight to HourHeight/2
2. NonBusinessHours property is replaced by a combination of HeightSpec and HideFreeCells
- Replace NonBusinessHours="Show" with HeightSpec="Full"
- Replace NonBusinessHours="Hide" with HeightSpec="BusinessHoursNoScroll"
- Replace NonBusinessHours="HideIfPossible" with HeightSpec="Full" and HideFreeCells="true"
3. TimeFormat enum is moved from DayPilot.Web.Ui to DayPilot.Web.Ui.Enums
- Add using DayPilot.Web.Ui.Enums;
4. FreeTimeClickHandling property changed to TimeRangeSelectedHandling
- Replace FreeTimeClickHandling with TimeRangeSelectedHandling
- Note that the type has changed from DayPilot.Web.Ui.UserActionHandling to DayPilot.Web.Ui.Enums.TimeRangeSelectedHandling.
- Note that the default value is now TimeRangeSelectedHandling.Disabled. Set it to either
5. FreeTimeClick event changed to TimeRangeSelected
- Replace OnFreeTimeClick="..." with OnTimeRangeSelected="..."
- Change the event handler signature from protected void DayPilotCalendar1_FreeTimeClick(object sender, FreeClickEventArgs e) to protected void DayPilotCalendar1_TimeRangeSelected(object sender, TimeRangeSelectedEventArgs e)
7. EventClickClickHandling type is changed to EventClickHandlingEnum
- Note that the type has changed from DayPilot.Web.Ui.UserActionHandling to DayPilot.Web.Ui.Enums.EventClickHandlingEnum.
8. EventClick event type is changed to EventClickEventHandler
- The EventClickEventArgs was moved from DayPilot.Web.Ui.EventClickEventArgs to DayPilot.Web.Ui.Events.EventClickEventArgs. You can keep the event handler signature but you need to add DayPilot.Web.Ui.Events to using clauses. A sample event handler signature is to protected void DayPilotCalendar1_EventClick(object sender, EventClickEventArgs e)